Saturday, March 6, 2010

Lay Down Your Life For Friends

Today I felt God speaking directly to me about friendships. Sometimes I feel like I am being used by my friends b/c I know a lot of people in Nashville and have a lot of connections. I know it's probably Satan just telling me that no one wants to be my friend and they only want to use me. I decided to try out a new church (Green Hills Church) today and I arrived early, so I sat in my car for a bit and just looked up scriptures on friendship. As I was reading, I stumbled across: Greater love has no one than this, that he lay down his life for his friends (John 15:13). Just so happens that the sermon was on John 15:9-12. I always read a little bit further down and there it was again: Greater love has no one than this, that he lay down his life for his friends (John 15:13) . WOW! God was trying to tell me something here. After reading that, I knew that God was speaking directly to me.

1 comment:

  1. I don't know you....we have a lot of mutual friends in Nashville...but I just wanted to give a thumbs up to this one! I love how God actually cares enough to give us little reminders and moments like that. very cool. :)

    ReplyDelete