Wednesday, April 7, 2010

When One Door Closes, Another Opens

Today God spoke to me through my friend Laisa. She had forwarded me an email with this verse:

These are the words of him who is holy and true, who holds the key of David. What he opens no one can shut, and what he shuts no one can open. I know your deeds. See, I have placed before you an open door that no one can shut. I know that you have little strength, yet you have kept my word and have not denied my name. (Rev 3:7-8)

Recently, I have been down about not getting promoted. I was clearly being trained for the position and my bosses started interviewing other people for the position without even telling anyone. It really hurt my feelings. Am I ever so naive to believe that they have their best interest for me?! God sees what is going on and he will do his justice. I need not worry about it b/c He is faithful to me!

Ultimately, I know that my God has a plan for me and for one reason or another he shut that door and doesn't want me in that position. I trust and pray that God blesses me with something a 100x better. I know that another door will open that no one can shut and that the Lord will bless me beyond my imagination. It's great to lay in the comfort of my Savior.

No comments:

Post a Comment