Friday, January 20, 2012

Praying in a Different Light

Sometimes, God uses people through books to speak to me. I just started reading "Kisses from Katie" by Katie Davis, who has a relentless love for the sweet orphans in Uganda. I haven't gotten very deep yet and she already amazes me. I wanted to share an excerpt with you that caught my attention:

"For as long as I can remember, one of my favorite Bible verses has been Psalm 37:4: "Delight yourself in the Lord and He will you give you the desires of your heart." I used to believe it meant that if I did what the Lord asked of me, followed His commandments, and was a "good girl," He would grant all my desires and make my dreams come true. Today, this is still one of my favorite passages of Scripture, but I have learned to interpret it in a totally different way. It is not about God making my dreams come true but about God changing my dreams into His dreams for my life."-KD

Psalm 37:4 is one of my favorite verses and I have never realized what it really meant until now. I will be praying that God will change my dreams into His dreams for my life. I am excited to see what God will do. We all have desires and sometimes we have a hard time letting God have control of them and just letting him do what is best for us, but I will allow him to take full control and do what he wants. I believe with all my heart that He is a Sovereign God and that I have no reason to worry about anything!

No comments:

Post a Comment