Sunday, August 29, 2010

Breaking Free From A Lie

I want to share with you about a recent incident that happened to me two weeks ago that has helped me to break free from a lie that I have believed for the past 15 years. Praise the Lord for working in my life and for reminding me that I am made in his image.

LIE: "Falguni, no one will ever marry you or date you because you are short. You just need to settle for this guy."

I have struggled with this lie for years and years and it had made me cry many tears. Satan always had a way of making me feel insecure about my petiteness. The way this lie crept into my life was when people fed it to me over and over again. The first time I heard it was when they all wanted me to settle for a guy b/c of my height. To this day, it had always been in the back of my head and I really did feel like no one wanted to date me because of my height. What I should have been thinking was, that God is just protecting me from being with the wrong person and that I am made in his perfect image.

Whoever said, "sticks and stones will break my bones, and words will never hurt me" is so not true. There is so much power in our words and they can affect our self image. People can speak negative things into our life and they will stick in our head forever. I have prayed for years and years that God would help me to be content with my height and to stop comparing myself to others. God finally answered my prayer and now I am living in freedom and confidence. I encourage you to be careful with what you speak out of your mouth b/c there is so much power to it!

TRUTH: For you created my inmost being; you knit me together in my mother's womb. I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made; your works are wonderful, I know that full well. My frame was not hidden from you when I was made in the secret place. When I was woven together in the depths of the earth, your eyes saw my unformed body. All the days ordained for me were written in your book before one of them came to be. Psalm 139:13-16

The way I overcame this was when I asked a co-worker who is 6'3'' to reach for something I couldn't reach. He said, "Fal, I am use to this b/c my wife is only 4'10" and then another co-worker who is 6'4" married a girl that is 5'1". This made me realize that no one really cares how tall/short you are; what matters is inner beauty. Funny how God works! So thankful that he used my co-workers to help me break free from this lie.

OUTCOME: The chains are broken and I am FREE!

1 comment:

  1. hey, iam falguni too. abt 80% same as you . felt good reading you. Its hard breaking free of facts like this. i too am 4'11" n my hubby is 5'8". Congratulations.

    ReplyDelete